Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shots with new lens

Posted by epaoshaguy (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 15, 08 at 23:09

Its an inexpensive telephoto...500mm f8 with a 2x converter...you can really reach out there with it. Its totally different from the auto nikon lenses I've been using.

junk 014

junk 039

junk 061

junk 063

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shots with new lens

Very, very nice! Love the reflection one but they are all "eye" catchers.

o

Love the cattails! !!

o

I like the cat tails, too. How much does the lens and TC weigh? JoanMN

o

Good evening...

The cat tails (they really do look like cat tails!!) are actually seed heads from pearl millet. A forage/hay crop I plant on the ranch. I planted some along the edge of my garden, just for kicks. The birds love the stuff.

The lens is a Phoenix. The information states it is a preset lens, 11.7" long weighing 22.6 oz. It is a monster. There is a mount located on the first 1/3 of the lens for tri or mono pod use. Which is almost a must as the slightest quiver results in blurr. It came with the correct mounting ring for my d40x (which makes the overall length just over 12"). I'm hoping to get some closer shots of the deer, turkey, and wild hogs that run around the ranch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here