Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flower ID?

Posted by eric_wa (ejellison@rockisland.com) on
Wed, Sep 19, 07 at 22:43

This flower came in a mixed seed packet. No longer have the packet. Can you ID this flower for me?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thank you
Eric

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flower ID?

Rhododendron?

o

It does look vaguely like a member of the rhododendron or azalea family. What do the leaves look like?

There appears to be a plantain seed stalk to the right of the flower. I know you didn't need to know that, but it makes me feel better to identify something after drawing a blank on the flower. :-)

o

Some kind of vine.

Eric

o

Eric, post the pic on "Name that Plant" here on garden web. Someone will have a quick answer!

o

Looks similiar to one I planted from seed pack called--Clarkia-paper mache mix...I don't have a pic on hand but will post in a little while...

Juanita

o
Eric...does this come close?

This isn't vining...from a pink to fuschia color...I planted a couple packages...only a few came up...

Juanita

o

Juanita,

That looks like the right plant. Are there a list of plants on the packet?

Thank you
Eric

o

The pack is from Burpee...this link may be useful...

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/895/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here