Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repost Of Lunar Eclipse For The Moon Enthusiasts

Posted by kentuck_8b (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 8, 06 at 19:18

October 27, 2004 Lunar Eclipse. I posted this back then but some of you may not remember.

The total 'shoot' took four hours. Each photo was taken at 10 minute intervals. There was a pause in the photos during 'full' eclipse, since there was not much change in each ten minute photo. I used PhotoStudio5 to cut and paste them into one photo.

Kt

Image link: Repost Of Lunar Eclipse For The Moon Enthusiasts (16 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repost Of Lunar Eclipse For The Moon Enthusiasts

That is supurb. How long did it take?

o

From beginning to end(first to last photo), it took over four hours including waiting for the eclipse to start.

Each photo was taken 10 minutes apart up to the 9th photo, and 10 minutes apart starting from the 11th photo onward.

From the 9th to 10th photo was 25 minutes apart, and from the 10th to the 11th photo, was almost an hour apart.

Now cutting and pasting the photos took a while since I haven't done that before nor since. However, the black background made it easy to position them in a row.

Sometimes, even I get lucky...

Kt

o

nicely done. thanks for posting it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here