Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question About Buying a Camera

Posted by marciasc (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 15, 08 at 15:43

I thought this might be a good place to ask this question. I want to buy my married daughter a camera for Christmas. I was always the one in the family who took the pictures. She really doesn't care much for cameras and buys the throw away kind.

Now she has a new dog and mentioned she should get a digital camera so she can send me and her brother pictures right away.

I don't want to spend over $100. I feel she won't use it very much and if she does like it, in a few years she may then buy a better one.

I have looked at the Kodak Easy Share series that seem to run $70, $80 and $90. Does anyone have a Kodak Easy Share camera or what would you suggest?

Thanks so much!

Hi Joan!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question About Buying a Camera

Well, almost all cameras in that price range will be of similar build and quality. Most of the parts and internals will made by same OEM companies. All things being equal, buy the one that will be simple to operate for you. Kodak 'easyshare' are made for the "quick click" and go. You can even find bundles that have camera, docks, and printer in the $100-$120s range. If you are looking for simplicity, that is the route I would go. You get a charger, uploader and printer all in one.

Z-joe

o

Thanks for your answer Joe.

I guess I can do a search for reviews on the easy share cameras. I was hoping someone here had that camera.

o

I use to have one and actually it was very nice for those occasional pictures. Took pretty nice pictures if I remember correctly and it sounds like it would be sufficient for your daughters needs.

o
RE: Question About Buying a Camera/Thanks

Thanks Linda! I know my daughter won't use it very much so this sounds good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here