Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Learned a couple things yesterday

Posted by jeaninwa (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 14:58

1. ALWAYS check ALL the camera settings. Somehow, my file size was changed from RAW + Large jpeg to S3, which is way too small for what I was doing. I've NEVER shot on S3 before, so I have no idea how it got there.

2. Went to a photography class on how to shoot frozen motion. wayyyyyy FUN!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Learned a couple things yesterday

Cool! So how do you shoot frozen motion?

o

Yes, how does one do it?

o

High speed photography. Set your camera on a tripod and set the aperture to the smallest opening it will allow. You will need a flash or very bright lighting and then set your shutter speed to as fast as possible.

After taking a few pictures, you may have to adjust the settings to a slower shutter speed and even a larger aperture.

If you have a camera that takes multiple consecutive pictures, then use it since it will ensure that you get the picture at just the right time.

Kt

This post was edited by kentuck_8b on Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 13:48

o

Hmm glad to see he efforts but dear you need more improvements because these photos are really blurry and you have to make them clear. Good work, keep it up man.

o

Belatedly, thanks kentuck_8b. Love the shot jeaninwa.

o

James....duh! Yeah, they're blurry and aweful, The file size on my camera was WAYYYYY off!

But I had a ton of fun and learned the mechanics.

I went to a class that was offered on a Meet Up group.

Only $15 for the class and had a blast. Check out Meet Ups in your town!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here