Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a very simple to use Photo Program

Posted by heidiho (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 10, 09 at 14:43

I have over 1000 pictures from vacations to download;name and burn to cd's. Is there a very simple to use free photo program that I can use for this?
I have Roxio Creator for burning.
Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a very simple to use Photo Program

Picasa, through Google, is pretty handy, simple and free.

o

I downloaded Picasa this morning and everything went fine until I came to name each photo, that's where I got confused. Couldn't figure out how to save the caption after I named it. If I can't find anything easier I'll go back in there and see what I did wrong.
Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

o

heidiho,
I don't think you have to do anything to save it...if you type the caption it will save automatically. The trash can icon at the bottom right will let you delete the caption...the icon on the bottom left will let you hide or show the caption. Hope this helps.

Pam

p.s. Another nice (and free!) editor is Picnik.com.

o

I use this program for renaming and resizing a whole batch.

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Hope this helps

Thanks,
Dharmesh

o

Picasa3 is ok, I have it also, BUT...PhotoScape is much better, and you can do so much more with it...also a free download..

o

Thanks so very much everyone. I'll try them all 'cause at this old age I need to make my life as simple as possible. lol
Thanks again for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here