Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Three pics of Eli...

Posted by joanmn (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 07 at 12:00

he's 5 and just started kindergarten (where does time go?).
In August, Emma stayed with us a few days, then their mom (Julee) and Eli came up for a day so Eli could go fishing. We all went out in the pontoon and tried in several spots. He has gone to my brother's cabin for a couple of weekends and caught lots of fish. So he finally was so disgusted with fishing here that he crossed his arms and said "I quit fishing, usually when I go fishing, I catch fish".

It was getting late, and I took this picture of him as we were coming back, with the almost-setting sun hitting him.

When we got back, he and Grandpa decided to try fishing off the end of the dock.
I love this picture.

Success, at last! He didn't want to hold the fish at first, but Grandpa told him he didn't have to touch it.

Canon Digital Rebel XTi.
You know, one of the best things DH and I got out of marrying later in life, was each other's kids and grandkids.
JoanMN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Three pics of Eli...

Oh...nice shots, Joan! that sun setting on the 1st one makes it look like he has red hair...That 2nd one is a treasure....

Juanita

o

awwwwwwww!!! love the story and the photos
i agree with you joanie, my dsd and the gkidlets are the bestest thing :o) just wish they weren't so far away

o

That first photo is fantastic! They are all good, but #1 is special. The fish photo tells a great story. You can see by the look in his eyes he wants grandpa's praise for catching that fish;~)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here