SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irislover7b

digital camera memory card problem

irislover7b
16 years ago

I have a Kodak DX4530. I think it's about 3 or 4 years old. I use an SD memory card. I normally take a few pictures, take out the memory card, put it in the computer to transfer them, then put it back in the camera. I take a few pictures just about every day. There's a lot of taking out and putting back in of the memory card. About a year ago when I'd turn on the camera, it said the memory card needed to be reformatted . So I clicked ok. It said it was reformatting, but it must not have, because the pictures were still on the memory card. And it would just show that same thing over and over, that it needed reformatting. I could turn the camera off, then back on, and sometimes it would work properly. I thought I had worn out the memory card so I bought another one, and it worked fine until recently. The camera started the "memory card needs reformatting" again. One thing that would help with the old card, was that I could use my fingernail to scrape the little gold sections some, and it would work better for a while. Then it got to where that didn't help, so I bought a new card a few days ago. I put it in the camera and got the same message about the memory card needing to be reformatted. I turned it off and then back on a few times, until it came on properly. I'm afraid I'll wear out the off/on thing if I keep doing that. If I've worn out the camera, and need to buy another one, I will. I just wondered if it was something that could be fixed. I've noticed the battery seems to run down quickly now, too. I didn't know if a declining battery would cause the other problem. I don't want to buy a new battery if the camera is worn out. Anything I can try before I go buy a new camera?

Comments (4)

Sponsored