Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
high key, over exposed, whatever...

Posted by lianne (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 07 at 10:29

attempting high key white-on-white but it just looks overexposed to me...have this frosted white vase and an off-white chiffon? scarf on white posterboard that i keep playing with

nikon d70

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: high key, over exposed, whatever...

forgot to mention i edited this to b/w and just resized and sharpened as i shot this in raw format, never shot in raw before and i must say the images sure look better than shootin' jpgs...now i have to get more mem cards so i can take more than 50 pics at a time ;o)

o

I've yet to try raw, myself. What editing program do you use?
Maybe if you cranked up the contrast, it would look more high-key, you could play around and try other stuff, too, I guess. Pretty picture, though, as is.
JoanMN

o

thanks joanie! i use psp8 and that was the other thing, i couldn't use it, when i opened the image it was thumbnail size, i could only see the full size in irfran

o

I;'ve tried raw a few times but don't have the patience for the processing....

One thing I like to use alot in Irfan is the unsharp mask...I think it brings out a little more details...

I really like what you did here, It's beautiful! what kind of settings did you use?

Juanita

o

I really like it. The hard, shiny surface, and the soft gauzy drape. Monotone yet contrast. I would play with lightening filters just to see what effect could be had with a backlighting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here