Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first sunset

Posted by bean_counter_z4 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 07 at 9:41

For so long I have admired the photos you guys post of sunrises and sunsets. I have tried and failed to get a good shot. Finally got one that at least has a lot of color. Should have included more trees or landmarks to frame and give perspective. Hoping for another opportunity to practice soon. Funny thing about sunsets, when the sun gets that low on the horizon, it goes down like a rock. You don't get a lot of chances to move around and find a better position. I ended up cropping out a lot of power lines and poles and only ended up with a few tree tops.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first sunset

well it sure turned out pretty!

o

I agree, the color is gorgeous!
JoanMN

o

Good jobit's beautiful! Sunrises are the same; everything changes rapidly.

o

Lovely. And, like you say, the colors can change almost second to second on sunrises and sunsets.

o

awesome pic man!! i like! looks like a painting!

o

Thanks for the nice compliments. I really enjoy trying to capture all the vivid colors. Guess most of it is just luck. You have to be in the right place at the right time. The clouds have to be just right and it all comes together or falls apart.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here