SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Theme of the week: DOGS!

alisande
14 years ago

My Angel, who left us last week at the age of 16.

Comments (44)

• carol_in_california
    14 years ago

Beautiful dog....so sorry for your loss.
    Here is my son and his dog, Bo.

(*See post about Theme of the Week, Alisande.)

• rcnaylor
    14 years ago

Sounds like a theme that many will enjoy Alisande. Thanks!

• Related Discussions

Theme of the week. Alisande?

Q

Comments (2)
    My granddog, Bo. A MinPin from a rescue center in NYC. But he didn't tolerate young children so my kids flew him from Tokyo to San Francisco and took him to his forever home up in the mountains. He is happy here. But we all miss him.
    ...See More

Theme for the week: STRIPES

Q

Comments (13)
    Very imaginative, people. Crunchpa, leave it to you to come up with a zebra! Ron, I've said it before, but I love your lath house. Kate, no wonder you came up with this theme. That's the stripiest picture! I'm a little dizzy from all these stripes, but let me see what I can find...... Okay, I see stripes on the face of this sunflower, don't you? Stripes, sort of. Sky stripes. Caterpillar stripes. Shadow stripes.
    ...See More

Theme for the week of 9/28....Autumn

Q

Comments (19)
    I've been out of town for a while. Started to comment on each pic, but, they are all just great. No "fresh" fall pics here yet. I was in Philly where I could have gotten some great ones... if about a week or 10 days later. Most have seen my fall pics from earlier years, so, I'll just have to post to this thread when I have some "fall". I sure do appreciate getting some from those who are already enjoying it at their locales. Keep'em coming!
    ...See More

Theme of the Week: Pathways

Q

Comments (21)
    I'm loving all the photos! I especially like the wooded paths and the snow (of course). A little off topic: My 9 year old computer is showing it's age, so I got a new one yesterday! I got a laptop and now have to load all my photos. :) This one is much faster, quieter, smaller, and half the cost I paid on the first. I can now watch my videos and youtube. Also nice to be able to post photos faster and withought restarting the CP. :)
    ...See More
  • ronf_gw
    14 years ago

Lucy.

{{!gwi}}

Ron

• bigack
    14 years ago

Another boy and his dog, I love this pic! Maggie likes to sit on the footstool.

• pfmastin
    14 years ago

Oh alisande, I am so sorry that you lost Angel. I'm sure she had a wonderful life. They give us so much, don't they?

This is one of my favorite themes, but for someone with 2 dogs I have very few dog photos. I'll work on that this week. :)

Pam

• msmitoagain
    14 years ago

alisande, I'm sorry for your loss too. My Country is getting to be an old girl and I know what time I have with her is precious. She's over 13 now.

Country eating horse hoof. She's the only one of our dogs that sleeps in the house. She goes out to her pen in the daytime and comes in at night or when I'm home. We have 20 dogs. (That's not a typo). But, they are hunting dogs and dogs that were thrown out on our property.

Country was raised by me as a puppy before I met my husband. He tells me all the time that she's my dog.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

• rcnaylor
    14 years ago

Here is one from Sunday morning I just downloaded today:

• alisande
    Original Author
    14 years ago

RC, what kind of dog is that? I especially love that second picture you posted. Glittery water contrasting with the silhouettes.

Is County an Australian Shepherd? Love the markings! TWENTY dogs?? You must have very big hearts.

Yes, Pam, get busy and give us some pix!

Bigack, I always love to see Maggie and her sister (?). Such sweethearts. What breed are they?

Lucy has so much intelligence and sweetness in her face. A great combination!

I'll add another of Carol's pics of Bo. (I moved it from the other theme thread.) So cute! I used to know a Mini Pin. He was a trip!

• bigack
    14 years ago

Susan, Maggie and Allie are mix breed, we got them at the shelter, they're 10 now. So sorry about your Angel, it's so hard on doggie moms.

• kentuck_8b
    14 years ago

I took this pic right after telling Zip a cat joke...

Kt

• rcnaylor
    14 years ago

Hi Alisande. Thanks. Our little pooch was sold to my son as a Rat Terrier.

Great thread.

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

I love this thread. I also have a dog. Its a Labrador. The Photos are taken perfectly. Thank you for sharing.

• pfmastin
    14 years ago

kentuck 8b...it must have been the one about going to the vet and getting a cat scan.

• kentuck_8b
    14 years ago

No, not the one about the cat scan, although he laughed at that one too. It was the one about the cat that was happy to go to the vet because he thought he was going to get 'tutored' since he wanted to be smarter than dogs, but actually he was going to get neutered.

He likes cat jokes.

Kt

• msmitoagain
    14 years ago

Hey Alisande, Country is part australian shepherd, part border collie and a tiny bit catahoula hound. She's marked like an Aussie, but shaped like a border collie. She loves to herd.

Yes, 20 dogs. We have mostly beagles. Deer hunting and rabbit hunting beagles. Have several retirees or culls from hunting who are now "watch dogs". Several throwouts that people "dropped off".

LOVE ALL THE PICTURES, everybody

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

• solstice98
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry about Angel. This is a fitting tribute. We'll all celebrate our dogs and give them an extra hug, for your Angel.

This is Bandit, a rescued Sheltie who came to live with us when he was 5 years old. He's been with us for 10 years and will soon be passing on, I fear.

• solstice98
    14 years ago

Sweet, cheerful Sarah!

• pfmastin
    14 years ago

LOL Kentuck....I do remember that joke! Gary Larson The Far Side?

• kentuck_8b
    14 years ago

Wow! Good memory, Pam! Yes, from The Far Side(originally a dog joke) but my cat didn't get it...

• debs3
    14 years ago

Alisande, I am so sorry about Angel. They give us such joy and unconditional love. They always make us smile. It is so painful to say goodbye to such a special friend. God bless you.

• pfmastin
    14 years ago

alisande
    I love it.

• rcnaylor
    14 years ago

Did someone say beagle?

• alisande
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kentuck, that's hilarious!

Msmitoagain, I hope they all don't get to howling at once. LOL I look forward to checking out your blog. I'll link to mine below. I posted about Angel recently.

Solstice, Bandit is a lovely (and lucky) dog. I thought Sarah might be a Border Collie, but then I looked closer--and saw that fabulous coat in the second picture.

Bigack, I still say Maggie and Allie are purebreds. I think you should check this out. :-)

RC, I'll bet you have a dog for every occasion. What if I say Afghan Hound? :-)

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments about Angel. Here's my other dog, Wolfy. A Husky-Shepherd, he's elderly, too (14). Taking meds for his arthritis, but doing well otherwise.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Rocket - my blog

• rcnaylor
    14 years ago

RC, I'll bet you have a dog for every occasion. What if I say Afghan Hound? :-)

I'd have said: "Oh my gosh, those things are big, fresh out --- lets talk cats."

Of course, if you'd said "dog in need of protecting from aliens", I'd have been ready

• gor-gor
    14 years ago

I love these photos. No animals were injured in the taking of these photos. :) Louis (Pomeranian, 5lbs) and Spider (cat, 11lbs)

I surrender!

Attack!

• ronf_gw
    14 years ago

What beautiful dogs.
    For many, many years we had a Bassett Hound, Daisy.
    The beauty of having a Bassett is that no matter how bad your day has been, when you come home your dog looks like she's had a worse day. One evening my wife was bored and did Daisys' nails.

{{!gwi}}

Ron

• cambro5
    14 years ago

I love to see everyone's pets! Here is our dog Buddy.

href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/39315235@N04/3794306054/"; title="IMG_0456 by cmbrowne, on Flickr">

• Konrad___far_north
    14 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss, Alisande.
    Love to see all your pets!
    These are amstaff, mother & son.

Konrad

• bigack
    14 years ago

We'll be posting dog pics here for weeks! Here's Allie and Maggie, on the porch, where they love to be.

• alisande
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You're right, Bigack. I was tempted to start posting dogs we used to have, but that could turn this thread sad in a hurry. We'll save those for another theme.

But here's Zoey, My DIL's mother's dog. My son was babysitting her recently, and she came to visit. Such a good girl!

• pfmastin
    14 years ago

I just love all these photos. It's been so much fun to meet the special loves in our lives. I've been looking at them over and over. :)

Here's my first attempt at dog pictures.

This is Zoe...a shih tzu/bichon frise mix. I learned that she will actually sit still to be photographed.

{{!gwi}}

This is Nicky...a poodle who needed a home. He's our "special child". After the first click he was "done" and wanted nothing else to do with the camera. This might be the last photo you ever see of him. ha!

{{!gwi}}

• crunchpa
    14 years ago

Here is Scout. He loves the beach.

{{!gwi}}

• pfmastin
    14 years ago

Bo and Lucy and Maggie and Allie and Country and Zip and Bandit and Sarah and Daisy and Buddy and Zoey and Scout....you're all beautiful!

konrad, now those are INDUSTRIAL dogs. :)
    rc...love the aluminum foil hat!
    ronf, that Daisy is a vamp, isn't she? ha.

kentuck...back to that joke..I was a vet tech many, many years ago and that was a classic for us. It cracked up everyone.
    Pam

• foosacub
    14 years ago

Alisande: I hate to hear of your loss.... I can't imagine losing such a friend, especially after 16 years! As pathetic as this sounds, I already dread the day Capone's time comes, and he's not even four yet. I know I'll be a trainwreck. Hopefully you handle such things better than I do.

On to the pictures: I tried to limit myself, but please understand that my string has been pulled by this thread. I'm one of those people. (Yep,.... a total 'dog freak.')

From a hiking trail in Utah:

This one I absolutely love. He is clearly experiencing one of the purest moments of happiness with his newly discovered friend.

Modeling a new collar and lead in a photo for 'Daddy' to keep him up with what's going on at home while he was away in Iraq. Ears just flapping in the wind :). (Pictured behind Capone is Bailey, a quite dignified elderly Golden Retriever belonging to a friend of the family.)

Graduation photo from an obedience course.

Laying his head in my lap... I'd been on the computer for an hour and a half and he was starved for attention, I suppose.

• TxKen
    14 years ago

Our young Yorkshire pup, "Dakota", tired after a day of chasing her toys. :)

• gmom74
    14 years ago

I found a dog picture- DS and DIL's dogs

• alisande
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Omigosh, these dogs are wonderful!

Foosacub, I've been through this many times with many dogs and many cats (if that makes me sound old, I suppose it's appropriate), and it never gets any easier. But one thing about losing a very elderly dog who has been in a slow decline is that you do a lot of your grieving in advance.

Years after Thunder was hit by a truck, and Thor was shot, and Music disappeared, and Mystic drowned in the pool, I can barely speak of them without getting tearful. The shock of sudden death adds a lasting dimension. But knowing I made the decision for Angel at the best possible time for her has given me immeasurable comfort. Now I just hope I can do the same for Wolfy.

Capone is a perfect name for your brindle. He looks absolutely triumphant at his graduation!

Txken, how very sweet!

Pam, Zoe is adorable.....and I'm afraid you're right about Nicky. No more pictures for him. But so cute!!

Konrad, mother looks as tough as son. Or tougher! A sleek, healthy pair.

Gmom, now the rule is that you have to go adopt a dog of your own.

Crunchpa, quick! Look over there at that naked woman!! (While I lure Scout into my car.)

• pfmastin
    14 years ago

txken,
    I see just the right spot for a tummy kiss on your puppy. Soooo cute!

• crunchpa
    14 years ago

Not funny Alisande, I've lost 3 dogs that way!

• TxKen
    14 years ago

pfmastin,
    Yes, it's hard not to hold her...love her...kiss on her...and rub her tummy. She has my heart for sure, which few animals have done over the years....
    (sound of heart melting and dripping......)

(with camera-blue eyes..)

txKen

• TxKen
    14 years ago

Okay..last one, I promise.
    My daughter and Lil' Dakota...sleeping...

txKen

• ronm80
    14 years ago

Buie

• solstice98
    14 years ago

Buie is so handsome!

• cheekymonkey77
    14 years ago

A few of my favorite furry beasts, Layla (the black dog) & Preston (the semi-white dog)...

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH