Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Football Season

Posted by epaoshaguy (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 08 at 22:02

Shot my first football game the other day. Here are a few highlights....
082608 Gentry 101a
082608 Gentry 088a
082608 Gentry 037a
082608 Gentry 172a

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Football Season

Very nice action shots! I like!!!

o

hey linda...thanks...first game..shot almost 300 pics (way to many) but got the chance to shoot in natural light..low light..and artifical light..learned some about how to adjust settings to still get a decent pic.
The guys in black are both my boys..#20 is a senior..rushed for almost 100 yards in three quarters...#3 is a sophmore...3 sacks, 2 pressures, and lead team in tackles.....yea, I'm a proud dad!!

o

So what kind of camera do you have and what kind of zoom? They are great pictures. I take pics of my gradnson and the daylight is so much better but a little harder under lights.
I have a Cannon Xti with Cannon 70mm-300mm zoom. It takes nice pictures but it depends on the lighting in the field. It is all night game in Western MN. I use the shutter priority but have to cut it down quite a bit and really don't get the good clear pics that I want sometimes but...........it'll do. Some fields are better than others and I stay up in the stands when I take them.
Keep up the good work and take as many as you can. It is really fun!!!
I also have a daughter who barrel races and have gotten some great pics of her.

June

o

Hi june...I use a Nikon d40x with a 55-200 zoom...this game was a scrimmage set up for a local charity, just lucky it was an early game....next Tuesday our team will play in something called Hootens Kickoff Classic (a big deal for our little school)...also an early game...after that, I will be at the mercy of the lights.
Shooting from the sidelines is much better for pics, but I didn't get into the game like I would have from the stands..thats a hard trade off :-)
My daughter used to barrel race, gave that up to perform with the Rodeo of the Ozarks Rounders....a drill team that performs at local rodeos and promotes the Rodeo of the Ozarks..she really enjoys being a part of that orginization.
I have my camera with me most of the time...I have taken some really weird pics....like last night a frog was in the window of my shop eating bugs...so he got his picture made....I have several pics of this little bird, begging for attention, while sitting proudly atop a pile of horse apples...its a stupid subject, but a funny picture!! So I agree with you...it is really fun!!

o

My daughter is 52 and still barrel races and grandson was play softball this summer.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here