Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinion please

Posted by lindajewell (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 20:26

I lurk here a lot, usually hang out at GP but I love coming here to look at all your wonderful photos. I am not in your class of photography but I love taking pictures. These are two collages I put together from pictures I have taken of my dad.......some better than others but I work with what I have. Which do you think would be the best one to print out, frame and give as a gift to my mom and brother. Or do you think I should print both and give one to mom and one to brother?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinion please

I think both are very nice.

However, I like the second one since it has the large picture in the center, but I would make the large picture in the middle, the one close-up of his face instead of the large hands, and make the hands a smaller outside pic.

That's just my opinion, though and as I said, they are both nice, and I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Kt

o

#2 catches my eye.

o

I'd go with 2 too.

One other thought, try some of those shots in the black and white mode or sepia mode in your photo editor. They often impart more of the person's "character" somehow.

o

Thank you all for your comments. I actually ended up doing yet another one using some old black and white photos. Thank you rcnalyor, I got the idea from you. But I am still not sure, I just want this to be something special I can give to my brother and for my mom. Since they are both in a nursing home there are not many gifts I can give them.
I really would like everyone's opinion, but I do not want to impose on your forum.

o

Linda,

You are not imposing, it is what this forum is for. Post all you want.

I think your family will like any of the collages you make. It's a gift from the heart!

Good day,

Z_joe

o

Ditto on what Z_Joe said. The thought is in your idea and the photos, not so much in how they are arranged.

Z_Joe, early morning bike ride?

Kt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here