Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
roadside birth, and i had the camera w/me!!

Posted by lianne (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 07 at 16:00

these are a bit overexposed (i was shootin' high key)
first time i've ever been glad the newspapers were late 'cause we'da missed this

was shootin' out the windshield so i didn't know what was goin' on until we passed the herd...

when i realized she'd dropped her calf there, dude turned around so i could get pics
and that's when we saw the poor critter was all scrunched'n upside-down

nevermind that cows have been dropping calves in fields for millenia, i was convinced it was gonna choke or strangle or something so dude put his shoes back on, got thru the fence and righted it...then he looked at me and said "you didn't get that did you" of course not!! good thing i don't make my living as a news photographer...unfortunately, while she was finished delivering, we weren't so we had to leave...calf was trying to get up, would have loved to have gotten that, oh dwell

nikon d70

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: roadside birth, and i had the camera w/me!!

What a cool time for you to be there! And looking at that angle of the head, you sure could have saved it's life. Great shots, Liannie!
JoanMN

o

WOW, you guys did good, that poor baby. I love little calves!

o

I enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading the story! Yes, you really did good!

o

Great pictures!!
I love the area, farm ect.
A good mom, taking good care of the little Holstein!
Konrad

o

How cool and what an adrenaline rush...Right place-right time!

Juanita

o

What great pictures Lianne.

Sheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here