Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jan. in ValleCrucis NC

Posted by greentfinger (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 08 at 15:32

A small stream, pines, snow, ice and sunshine combined. How can one pass this up??
Valle Crucis North Carolina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jan. in ValleCrucis NC

Wow...I like this...It's like your right there...Beautiful scene, Greent!

o

Looks warmer than January in Minnesota!
Pretty.
JoanMN

o

joanmn, In the mountains of western NC we normally get two breakups prior to spring. The Jan. thaw and Feb. thaw. Sometimes Temps. of the high forties and low fifties last for a couple of days then back to the teens and twenties. Certainly not as cold as Minn. but sometimes cold enough to burn the fence posts in late Feb., early March.

o

Tranquil. I can smell the fresh air. Where does this lead?

o

Klaa2:As all small streams start, this one starts in a high spring between Valle Crucis and Oliver Hill area. I hiked part of the way years ago but never got to the beginning. The water though is cool and fast running as you go upstream even in July. Valle Crucis is west northwest of Boone about 7 miles. A beautiful area at any time of the year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here