Photobucket

o
RE: L is for

Lunch with a view.

Photobucket

Ron

o

Without a doubt, most of you will laugh at me, but for me, "L" is for "LOVE".

I first me Jan 35 years ago. At the time I was a long haul truck driver typically staying out on the road 3 to 4 months at a time. I rented a room in her house basically just to have a place to call home on those brief intervals when I would come in for a week or so. For the 35 years that followed Jan and I remained the best of friends, although it seems that when she was single I was involved with someone and vice versa.

About a year ago we realized that we were both retired and single so we began chatting regularly on the phone, she being in Massachusetts and I in Ohio. One thing led to another and on the 11th of August I moved back to Massachusetts and Jan and I are now living together.

Although I was seriously into photography as a semi pro in my youth I had gotten away from it until I retired two years ago when I once again took it up as my retirement hobby. Since then I have adopted a lifestyle which is aptly described by the Australian's as going on "Walkabout" where one heads out to explore his or her surroundings with no intended destination or time to return. It may be just a day trip or it could result in weeks or months before you return home.

I carry two Pentax DSLR's and a small assortment of lenses and accessories. Since we got together Jan has taken up the 2nd camera and is now a serious student of photography and both being on retirement we are free to go on walkabouts together whenever and wherever the spirit may move us.

Here is a picture of she and I reminiscing at Five Mile Pond, Springfield, Mass, a place were she and I once spent a romantic afternoon on the beach 35 yrs ago.

Photobucket

o

Lily.....

o

Lawn darts:

Lazypup, thanks for sharing. Best wishes to you both!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here