Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekly Photo Progression continued..........

Posted by eric_wa (ejellison@rockisland.com) on
Sun, Aug 5, 07 at 14:49

Lots of foliage, few flowers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The corn and potatoes are looking good

Eric

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekly Photo Progression continued..........

WOW!!! Coming right along. The potatoes corn and flowers look great. You're putting pigs there next year? My daughter had her yearly pig roast this week-end over two hundred people were there. About fifty of them spent the night. They were all there for bteakfast. I didn't spend the night even though I live fifty miles away.

o

Doris, Yes

I'm hoping to have pigs next April. Looking forward to ham for christmas. Probably not ham (curing involved) but pork roast.

Here's the setup.
Eric

o

cool! i'm envious and enjoying this series, a labor of love i can tell...are those flowers volunteers or did you add them?

i can't wait to see your pigs...DH did the grow-your-own-pig thing years ago and wants to do it again, he thinks i'll enjoy the experience...told him i won't go to the auction and when he gets 'em he has to hide them behind the barn 'cause if he makes me look at one i'll have to touch it and then i'll have to name it and then it's a pet and he will NOT be puttin' a pet on my table...thought i had him til he said he'd get a runt for me to keep

o

lianne,

This is from the original post.

Posted by eric_wa (ejellison@rockisland.com) on Thu, Jun 28, 07 at 13:19

When I ordered cover crop seed from Peaceful Valley, they through in free seed. It's different flower seed mixes.
Butterfly Garden mix
Hollyhocks
Lupine, perennial
Lupine, Russel
Pacific Northwest wildflower mix
Poppy, California Golden
If you want to know whats in the mixes, go to the site below.
Eric

Here is a link that might be useful: Peaceful Valley

o

You are so lucky to have the space for your farming. Michigan used to be farm land but Urban Blight took over and now where farms used to be we have supercenters,subdivisions amd mobile home parks. Our dairys have become co-ops. I miss Michigan.

o

Are you guys slaughtering your piggies yourself? I couldn't do that, but I guess they'd still have a much better life than pigs from the big "farms".
lianne,
I really understand that you couldn't look at them and then eat them later. I can't even eat animals that I didn't know or name. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my DD (who just turned 3 last week) will stick to a vegetarian diet.
It would be nice to have a few chicken for happy chicken eggs and maybe sheep for the milk and wool, but they'd have to die of old age...;-)

o

Looking good Eric...Love those CA poppies...I grew a whhole bunch last year in the corner and it lit up that bed....

Juanita

o

looser,

No, I will have the islands traveling slaughter take care of that part.

Milk, eggs does that make you a vegan. I hope DD has a choice.

Eric

o

More photos,

The Dogwoods are coming in nicely. (canineous nigra)

Nothing new to show on the fence project. A few more flowers on the rockery.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Eric

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here