Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Niagara

Posted by klaa2 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 08 at 14:10

Took these with the Olympus 1010. I didn't bring the Canon D40X on this vacation.

American Falls view from Canadian Side.
American Falls from Canada Side

Top of Horseshoe falls.
Top of Horseshoe Falls

Horseshoe Falls from Maid of the Mist.
From the Maid of the Mist

Butterfly 1.
Butterfly 3

Butterfly 2.
Butterfly 2

Butterfly 3.
Butterfly 1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Niagara

Wow! What fantastic pictures. I especially like the pictures of the butterflies.

o

Beautiful! I've never been there, but must go someday.

Great butterfly photos. Do you know what kind they are?

Kt

o

No, I don't know the types of butterflies. Sorry. There is a butterfly exhibit that is totally amazing. There must be ten thousand butterflies with each one being prettier than the next.

If you do go to the falls, I recommend staying on the Canadian side and visiting the American side for a day. You should see both sides as it looks very different. The butterfly attraction is in Canada.

The view fro our room:
Room View 1

Second Shot from Room:
Room View 1

Thanks for the compliments.

I was worried about bringing my Nikon D40X because of the mist and humidity but I did bring the Canon GL1 for video (go figure, the video camera cost a lot more). I just didn't take it on the Maid of the Mist attraction. In hindsight, the D40X would have been safe. I erroneously called the Nikon a Canon before. I guess I needs some sleep.

o

Very impressive pictures...thank you for sharing!

o

I really like the water shots...Cooling!

o

These are impressive shots, Klaa!

It's been many years since I have visited the falls, ....when I was working in Toronto.
Konrad

o

Thanks. The falls and all of I saw of Canada was beautiful. Everyone should visit. There is so much to photograph. I was amazed at the beautiful flower beds and attention to landscaping. A cab driver told us that tourism was down by more than 2 million this year. That's a shame.

o

The pictures turned out great. The butterfly shots are fabulous!
Did you see Niagra at night?
JoanMN

o

Yes, we did. But, I am embarrassed to say that none of the pictures came out good enough to post. I was more concerned with video and only took some stills without a tripod. They came out blurry and a mess.... Guess we'll have to go back soon. :-)

I'm going to have some good video up on Vimeo soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here