Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Battery Help, Please

Posted by walnutcreek (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 12:23

I have an Pentax Optio that I just love even thought it is several years old. Yesterday, I charged a fresh battery to place in it. The problem occurred when the discharged battery would not pop up when I pushed the release button. I tried to get my fingernail under the battery to get it out but no luck. Do any of you have any idea how I can get the battery that is in the camera to release so I can get it out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Battery Help, Please

Just an idea.. with our palm of the hand give it a good knock, or get
2 small screw driver to pry it up.

o

I have hit it on my palm several times. The two screw drivers (or maybe tweezers) I will try. Thanks.

o

In the past have seen Dental floss threaders utilized to get a piece of floss around the back of the battery, then pop it out with the floss.

Another trick I saw just last year was the application of 5 minute epoxy to the flat head of a nail and then placing it against the side of the battery. once the epoxy is set use this to pull the battery out. Be Very, Very careful with the epoxy. don't get on anything but the battery.

o

Trying to get the battery out with screw drivers and tweezers did not work.

I will give troutwind's suggestions a try.

o

This sounds like a malfunction of the release mechanism, please don't
pull too hard when you use glue, otherwise the mechanism can break, a repair might have to be done internally by taking it apart.

o

I have decided to take the camera to a camera shop. Although the release mechanism appears to be working, that must not be the case.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here