Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just wanted to share some Monarch photos

Posted by minrose (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 08 at 7:33

Sorry have not come here much lately but wanted to take the time to share some Monarch photos I have taken this summer. I have had 92 monarchs hatch for me so far with about 30 to go, have taken photos of every one but have not had time to go through them all yet.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just wanted to share some Monarch photos

They are beautiful! I can see now that photos I have taken pale in comparison.

o

Outstanding! Beautiful creatures, aren't they. Too bad they only live a few weeks. Great shots, keep 'em coming.

o

I too would like to see more. I love butterflies and you have captured them in all their glory.
When you say you had 92 hatch, does that mean you "raise" them? Forgive my ignorance but I am new here............

o

Just beautiful.

Lovely subjects, very nice captures.

o

Good for you Rose!

These are some very nice shots!

Konrad

o

Monarchs that hatch at this time of the year may live longer than those earlier in the season. These late monarchs are destined to migrate toward Mexico to over-winter. Of course, not all will make it, but those who do are the ones that perpetuate the race beginning next season.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here