Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to GW and photography

Posted by epaoshaguy (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 08 at 0:17

Greetings...I'd like to share a couple of shots of the wild life where I live. They are not the quality shots I've seen in this forum, but I'm getting better....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to GW and photography

Nice photos. I am new here also and while I love taking pictures I know I will never be in the same class as some who post here, but that won't stop me from trying!
Welcome to the Garden Web, check out some of the other forums also, lots of good people hang out here. I visist several other forums on a regular basis, lurked here on this forum for a long time before deciding to jump in!

o

Very nice, but you forgot the one with the two deer fighting.

Kt

o

The two does fighting would be great if it were in focus.

o

Yes, but it is still a nice picture, something that isn't often seen, much less captured on film.

Kt

o

Kt...found the deer eating from my feed bunk. When they were done, they ran away jumping and playing. Pretty comical....

o

Thanks for the welcome lindajewell. I have looked around alot. Just about any topic of interest can be found here. I'm impressed with this site and its members.

See ya round....

o

Not sure if my link will work or not. I don't know how to do that thumbnail stuff so this is a link to an album.
You have wonderful wide open spaces for the deer to roam, I don't, yet they come every day to eat my flowers, poop in my yard and pretty much wreck havoc.........but they are beautiful.
I think if you click on Slideshow it might be easier.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daily Visistors

o

Your babies are cute, makes it hard to get real upset with them. Your yard is beautiful. We are working on ours. Its absolutely horrible. Never been much of a flowers and pretty sort, but I'm actually liking this beautification project.
You'll have to clue me in on how to view the album or set up a slide show from here.

Later

o

Nice pics! What kind of feed do you have out? There must be some corn in it.

Kt

o

These were taken January 1 2008. We were feeding mostly wheat mids with a little corn. By feeding wheat mids, the deer got some nurishment without breaking the bank. We fed around 60 pounds a week. They would have eaten more if it we would have fed it. There were evenings I counted over 30 head coming to feed. I've lived here on this very farm for almost 30 years, and have never seen so many hungry deer. Once spring arrived, they vanished into their seasonal routines.

o

I have groups here of about 24 at the largest, but mostly a dozen or less.

They don't mess with the molasses or sweet feed or even hay, just anything that has corn in it.

Kt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here