Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Howdy....

Posted by juanital (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 23:09

I come back to 'my roots' occasionally. This forum & garden web-flower(2002)is what turned the photography button on for me(bout 2005), besides the occasional snap with film, in swept digital, which made it affordable. How about you? when did you find Photography forum on THS and when has photography become a part of your everyday life?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Howdy....

Photography became a part of my everyday life at age 10, when my dad gave me my first camera and taught me about aperture and speed. He didn't give me a light meter, so I had to learn to assess conditions and gauge accordingly.

Considering how many photographs are posted on GardenWeb as a whole, I've always been surprised at how little activity the Photography Forum generates. Not an awful lot goes on here. In contrast, the DPReview forums are heavily populated and always in use. I've learned a lot from them.

o

Yeah, 2005 for me too. I bought a Konica-Minolta Z3 to capture my son's senior year in high school. It didn't have a lot of megs but it had a wonderful lens and an image stabilization system that made for some great close up captures.

This forum has had a lot of activity in the past. Not quite sure why forum lulls come and go. Maybe "too many masters"? Those who are more in to photography go to places like DPReview, and those more in to gardening talk more gardening than photography?

o

Digital...in 2000. First camera was a Sony Mavica, I think it was about 1 MP or so. Anyhow, I fell in love! Found this forum shortly after. Don't get here often anymore, I am ashamed to say.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here