Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Mushroom

Posted by kentuck_8b (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 07 at 23:00

Blue mushrooms are almost mythical around here, only a few have seen them, and others don't believe they exist.

There were over a dozen in the general vicinity of this one.

Lactarius indigo var. diminutiva

Kt

Image link: Blue Mushroom (58 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Mushroom

How cool is a blue mushroom? Very...I's love to stumble on this in my woods/back yard....

juanita

o

Blue mushroom of Kt, keep on shining
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue
Blue mushroom of Kt, keep on shining
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue

So I'm a little goofy!!

Nice photo and interesting mushroom.

Eric

o

Patsy Cline re-make.

Yes, an interesting mushroom. The largest one had a diameter of about 6 inches, and when you tear them open, they are truly indigo in color. The pictures I took were blurry, but will try to get some more of the deep blue color.

I searched over several acres, and there were hundreds of other mushrooms and many many different kinds, but these only are growing in a small area.

They are more common in wetlands or where water stands a lot, which, well, this year that describes here.

Kt

o

how whimsical! I just read a novel that had a passage where some boys were eating blue mushrooms. Weird!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here