SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peace_rose_gw

Buyer's remorse: did I make the right choice?

peace_rose
14 years ago

Usually I do my research about a purchase before making it, but we're going on vacation and tomorrow and I wanted to make a decision. I bought a Canon Powershot A1000IS today. I went to the store intending to purchase the Canon Powershot SD1200 IS. I'm not really sure what swayed me toward the A1000. I guess I liked that it is a little bit bigger and that it uses AA or NIMH batteries which I already am set up for. Is one of these 2 cameras hands-down better than the other, or is it a win-win sort of thing?

I already own a Canon Digital Rebel XT and I love the picture quality. I only use it on AUTO though; I have no idea how to operate the dang thing. I realized I've been taking fewer pictures because I never have it with me when I need it. I needed something inexpensive that could roll around in my purse to use for snapshots. I also have 3 little kids who are constantly in motion, so I'm hoping the move back to a regular digital camera won't disappoint (it's the reason I upgraded to an SLR in the first place). My first digital was a Canon A75. Has technology improved a lot in the past 5 years? (In terms of the flash delay I mean).

So I guess I'm looking for reassurance that the A1000 is a good camera. Otherwise I may keep the receipt and exchange it for the SD1200.

Thanks so much!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022