Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Computer/camera hookup

Posted by bspofford (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 08 at 18:33

Hi, new here as I am usually over on the garden forum for African violets. Some of us do/want to do closeup photos of our plants. My question is this: is there some type of a cable hookup that can go from your digital camera to your computer so that what you see in the camera viewscreen is also seen at the same time on your computer monitor?

With the small size of the viewscreen, it's difficult to critique composition until after it's loaded into the pc.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Barbara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Computer/camera hookup

from my experience you usually have to have a program to import from...I have been inporting from Picasa...it lets you view your pics bigger and if you don't want to import you exclude it or not import at all...but you can see nicely-the photos if you want to import or exclude from downloading on to computer with the usb. and on my nikon it does not display on camera screen at the same time but on my p&s Olympus it does. Hope this helps.

Juanita

o
RE: Computer/camera hookup

I am not aware of any non-professional camera that has this feature. It is a common feature in pro cameras in studios.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here