Beaver maxed out 300mm

The Hiwassee River above Calhoun, TN. liked the reflection
Hiwassee River 1

Another View of the Hiwassee
Hiwassee River 2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Morning photo outing

You can't go wrong with a good reflection shot.

o

Nice tree reflections-humorous at the same time-there's more of a blue sky in the reflection than in the sky.

o

Reflection shots are seemingly easy but not actually, at least not for me. Someday I'll get the exposure right to show the sky both real and reflection.

o

That would be tough trying to get right exposure of the sky or reflection. as it is 2 different. From doing it myself its one or the other, but with landscapes mostly. There are filters that help to meter the scene better. A Circular Polarizer or Graduated Neutral Density. I have both and there are all kinds of them for different situations. The CP is on my lens all the time but I haven't really had the opportunity to shoot a scene like yours. Its like broken up around here where I live. I love reflections and you have caught them well.

and if I have said it wrong, someone please correct me. I'm still learning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Basic Polarizer n Graduated filter info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here