SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carmellia_gw

Going Digital

carmellia
15 years ago

Am I the last person in the world using a Canon AE-1 SLR? I love the camera but the advantages of digital cannot be denied. I want to stay with the SLR and am leaning to the xTi and the XSi.

I have two nagging concerns. I have borrowed my brother-in-law's digital and the screen is very difficult to see. It has to be at exactly the right angle and out of direct light or it becomes a blank screen. Also, the colors are not true. In particular, blue is drained out of most colors. Purple becomes garish pink and lavender becomes baby pink. He tells me that he has features that will let me paint it the color I want. But I want the color it is, not the color I paint it.

Is this just because he has a very inexpensive camera or do digitals have a problem with seeing true colors?

Thank you very much for your help. And thanks for all the beautiful pictures. I have never been to this forum before, but I will be back. I love seeing other peoples pictures as much as I love taking my own.

I hope to be posting pictures soon. Another advantage over the old Canon SLRs. Carmellia

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations