Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Disposable camera developing past 'expiration' date...

Posted by fishfacenj (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 1, 08 at 11:43

This is my first visit to this forum...we're going through renovations and just unearthed (from the depths of a cabinet) a bag of used disposable cameras. My now-5-year-old daughter went through a phase around age 3 and 4 of carrying one of those everywhere and taking pictures of who-knows-what. I obviously stashed them away one day and forgot about them. Most of them say "process by" a date in 2007. Any chance they'd actually develop (in which case I'll take them to BJs or such), or are they definitely duds now? (My daughter now uses our snap-and-shoot digital camera, and takes pretty good pictures! So there's a chance that some cute stuff is on these...probably some from right after we brought her baby brother home.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Disposable camera developing past 'expiration' date...

You'll never know until you develop them.
Try one roll to start.
I've developed 8 year old exposed film and
got good results.

o
RE: Disposable camera developing past 'expiration' date...

Yeah, I've developed years-old exposed film and disposable cameras ("Where'd this come from??") with no problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here