Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not a great pic

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 2, 11 at 11:40

it was zoomed in with a little pocket camera while I was out biking this morning, but, I like the scene, it kinda screams bucolic

From Addisyn and haybaling

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not a great pic

Nice pic, but you mean to tell me that y'all actually made hay in your area this year?!?!

Absolutely NO hay has been made here this year so far. Cattle are still grazing hay pastures here with this ongoing drought. I've never seen this happen before.

I may need to buy some of that hay if it is for sale. We've had only 11.7" of rain since last September 9th and the normal here is 40+ inches.

Nice pic but you're making me jealous!

Kt

o

Well, you know the old saying Kt, someone always has it worse.

That hay came from conservation reserve acreage that we don't usually get to cut. So, its been growing for years.

And, in that comparison dept, from Nov 12 to last week, we had received .9 tenths of an inch. Driest Jan to June on record here. Four times drier than the previous least dry year.

So, yep, I can definitely sympathize with all those who are on the dry side!

But, in the last week we have received two showers totaling about .7 to .8 tenths. Its a start, and hopefully gets things rolling for a while!

o

And, a little more rain last night. .3" but, better by far than what we have been getting. Made for a great cool bike ride this morning, so I stopped and took a few pics:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Great pics. Love the purple flowers and I have a feeling you might come back and say they are actually weeds. But that's OK.....they are still pretty. My part of TX is still hot and dry....send some rain!

o

Thanks, and right you are. Those flowers are weeds that managed to a) live, and b) flower on .9 of an inch of rain from Jan 1 to June 25. Driest on record here by a mile.

Tough hombres!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here