Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inspired by Luvstoshare-Julie--In My Garden...

Posted by juanital (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 11:29

Three different views of same area
front...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
back--focus on Glad...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Back---Focus on Lazy Susans--Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Faithful dog included..:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inspired by Luvstoshare-Julie--In My Garden...

Juanita, I think you have every color of the rainbow represented there! And lots of different texture. The Liatris and Lazy Susans add nice contrast for the Glads and Dahlia. Is that "Stargazer" Lily I see in the first picture?

Thanks for giving us a "walk-around-view" of your garden!

Julie

o

what beautiful flowers. I love all the colors and heights!
JoanMN

o

Me too, just beautiful!! Do you stake your glads? I just have a few and they fall over!

o

Thanks all for your wonderful comments...I was pleased with this years part of garden...I had about 50 tulips planted here last year with only a few returns...Of course the soil still needs more work as it is still clayey...The liatras did so much better than this year than last and the fescue's did quite well, too...

Julie-I'll have to dig out the pack to see what lily that is...I got it from W-M though...

Bigack==I didn't stake them this year-but read from the bulb forums that if you plant 6-8 inches down you won't need to...I think I kept around 6inches and haven't needed to stake so far...I was happy that it worked cos they are so beautful but didn't want plant them anymore if they kept falling over...with that said...I ended up buying gads of them....tehee...and also just a note..Some glads rebloomed for three years in a row...I didn't dig them out or mulch...I'm in Z5-6...but I just may mulch this year...I'd rather mulch than dig...

Juanita

o

What a wonderful splash of color. Lovely garden.

I especially like the one with the bear in the background. ;)

o

GORgeous! i luuuuuuuv seeing others gardens...hmmm, is that a birdhouse i see in the first one? and the bear in the background in the last is adorable!

o

LoL, RC...I'd be running if that was a bear...That's our dog...

Lianne thats a clearanced bird feeder that I got at FD...I just decided it looked like a neat thing to paint a country green and let hang on a hook...

Appreciate your comments RC and Lianne...!

Juanita

o

lovely garden! beautiful pictures!

o

oooh lovely garden Juanita, reminds me of the gardens my mother used to plant, same flowers too ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here