Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Telephoto lens for A85

Posted by solstice98 (solstice98@att.net) on
Sun, Jul 1, 07 at 11:11

I've been looking at lenses available for the Canon A85 4.0 and was hoping someone here could offer some advice. This is an older camera but still takes very nice photos. Usually it's all I need but I'm about to leave on an Alaskan cruise and thought it might be nice to have some lens options, especially a telephoto. (Yes, I would love to purchase a digital SLR but it's not in the budget!)

I can pick up a 3x telephoto anywhere from $45 to $89. The Tokina lenses are the more expensive ones. In this price range is there much difference in quality among the lenses?

There are many lenses offered at 2x and I even found one 4x.

Thanks for any recommendations/input/opinions/etc that you want to share about lenses!

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Telephoto lens for A85

Have you compared these lenses on Consumer Report Web site?

Here is a link that might be useful: Consumer Report

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here