Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mashed, fried, scalloped, pancakes, dumplings,

Posted by eric_wa (ejellison@rockisland.com) on
Fri, Jul 13, 07 at 11:10

salad, soup, sauage, baked, wedged, jo-jo's, lefsa, stewed, grilled, hash....................

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Eric

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mashed, fried, scalloped, pancakes, dumplings,

Potatoes have been dug long ago down here.

Nice photos and healthy looking plants.

What variety?

Looks like you are working on your fence.

Kt

o

Kt,

Not sure if they are Yukon Gold or Yellow Finn. I saved them from last year, but didn't label.

Yes, working on fencing a 54' x 72' area. Trying to be ready for two pigs next spring.

Hope you can open this pan. view Kt.

Eric

o

Wow! Nice place! Looks like you have no close neighbours, and that's a nice hill in the background.

Beautiful countryside.

Kt

o

Thanks Kt!

It's my little chunk of terra firma. 6.5 acres with a .5 acre pond.

My brother and his wife live next door on 14.5 acres. We share part of the pond.

Eric

o

Oh, what a nice country place to live, I envy you the pond and all the critters you have.

o

Eric,

In answer to your question posted in Kt's Sun on Clouds post:

For some strange reason, all photos are loaded to my computer in a compressed form. For example, your top photo of flowers shows up as 9664 bytes, rather blurry looking. Now, if I want to see the original image, I right-click ON the picture, which brings up a menu of all kinds of options. I click on "show original image", and the compressed image disappears, then your image of 53,286 bytes loads, showing a beautifully clear image.

Now I can only do this if I use Internet Explorer. If I use Mozilla Firefox as a browser, I can't see original images (frustrating, because Firefox runs faster, and stops a lot of pop-ups for me.)

I guess it's a good thing, that all photos are loaded in compressed form because I'm on dial-up. The original photos would take incredibly long to load.

Another example, your second picture is shown at first as 57,105 bytes, and it looks quite acceptable. But if want to see more detail, I load the original, and it takes much longer to load, at 223,034 bytes.

Hope that explains why I'm seeing double.
(BTW, I'm enjoying watching your landscaping project).

Julie

o

Oooooh!! And an Island in your pond!!

Looks like your brother has a pier or maybe a boat docked on his side.

Kt

o

bigack,
Thank you!

Julie,
That's interesting. My Internet Explorer isn't set up that way. Like you said, "it's a good thing". You can look at the photo, than decide if it's worth inflating.

Kt,
Yes, a little boat and dock. We use the boat for fishing and maintenance of the pond. Pulling cattails and other pond weed.

Some interior post

Eric

o

Hello Eric, Do you happen to have an address for the other photo site that goes by the name of "The Meeting House" or something similar. I had a major crash and lost everything. Had to buy a new computer. If you or anyone else replies it will forward to my email.
Thanks in advance,.....Jim from down Yakima way

o

Interesting! I never knew potato flowers looked like that. I have a bad allergy to raw potatoes (I know . . . almost unAmerican, isn't it?), so I won't be visiting you during the growing season. But your property looks very appealing!

Susan

o

Susan,

I'd be more worried if you were allergic to apple pie.

I'm hoping to be a-peeling many a potato!!

Thanks
Eric

o

Don't forget potato bread. I love potatoes any way they're cooked. Yours look very good.

o

bread, doughnuts, and Spudnik. Did I forget any??

Thanks Doris

Eric

o

Harvested one of two potato rows. Pretty good harvest so far.

Eric

o

And just boiled, with butter, salt and pepper. I never met a potato I didn't like!
JoanMN

Here's the Meeting House addy, Jim.
http://s15.invisionfree.com/The_Meeting_House/index.php?s=24ef2602f5a54f3b7586374feef2f633&showforum=5

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here