Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Select Garden Shots...Experimentation with Pic Control

Posted by juanital (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 08 at 11:00

All done in camera...
Selected 'neutral'-adjusted saturation and hue...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Juanita
Nikon D300 AF-S VR zoom 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF ED

Can you believe there is an identification with each of those letters for the lens...sheesh...which I do not quite remember what they are!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Select Garden Shots...Experimentation with Pic Control

Wow, they are wonderful! I love the first two especially.

o

Well count me among the impressed. Very nice.

o

Thanks Bigack and RC!

o

Very nice indeed!...kind of antique!
Konrad

o

JUANITA:That D 300 you are using is one of the best. My son (professional)started with a D 100 then D 200 and now the D 300. He uses a 17-35 2.8 VR for many of his wedding shots and the 70-200 3.5 VR for the rest. Folks today do not wish to be bothered with the time it takes to set up the larger format cameras. Hurry hurry hurry and the race is on.Those lenses and that camera are capable of things never dreamed about with the older film cameras. I started with a Mercury split frame(36 images on a 20 exposure roll) 35mm 3.5 back in 1949. I went through the Kodaks, Yashicas, Mamiyas Etc. and started using the Nikon F 1 in the sixties. A lot of progress has been made in just the past 5 years alone. You have an image recording piece of gold there and quite obviously you are grasping its features quickly.

o

Thanks Konrad! and Greent...I surely appreciate the uplift...I'll have to check out that 17-35 2.8 VR that your son uses for his weddings...

o

Oh muh garsh!! Really pretty capture! :)

Andy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here