RE: Light and soft focus

gorgeous

o

Postcard pretty!
JoanMN

o

Very pretty, RC...I love gardens and the camera for pics like these...

I haven't taken much of the garden as a whole as I'm still trying to fill in and looks 'somewhat' bare but got some nice macros and close up shots...

But your beds are usually just beautiful!

Juanita

o

Absolutely stunning!

Julie

o
RE: Light and soft focus (RCNaylor's photo)

RC how did you get that gorgeous shot? I'm going back thru some older threads and came across this one. Did you get this effect thru camera settings or did you use software? Simply stunning!!!

o

Well, I'm glad you liked it Bean counter.

To answer your question, the primary effect is what Picasa calls "soft focus". You can adjust both the amount of the softening effect and the size.

Of course, the brightness in the upper corner came from the sun getting low and streaming in from that upper corner. The fence provided shade.

Its been a while since I took that one and edited on it. I could have bumped up the shadow function a little, I forget.

Thanks again.

o

Very nice effect!
Konrad

o

rc, thanks. I'll download picasa and try it out. I love the water color softness. Kind of a dream-scape effect.

o

Here's another one your "reminder" post led to bean counter. It didn't turn out quite as well, but, I did the soft focus, bumped up the shadow and added some sharpness.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

rc, I love it. The photo conveys more mood than information--if you know what I mean. It also has a little mystery. Kind of makes you want to peak behind the curtain and see what's hidden just out of focus.

I can see myself using that to hide some little imperfections that distract from the photo's message. I played around with Elements and tried to get a similar effect. Couldn't do it. On to Picasa. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here