Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This photo has no redeeming photographic value

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 13, 09 at 20:52

But, I thought some of ya'll might get a kick out of how we park at a Walmarts 'round here.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This photo has no redeeming photographic value

Those horses must really be well trained. Here, we have to leave them tied to a hitchin' post or else they might wonder off.

Kt

o

Well trained in parking lot etiquette also, as they are parked perfectly within the lines.

o

This reminds me that when we lived in Pennsylvania, we'd see Mennonite horse and buggies parked at WalMart. :) Thanks for the photo. I love it.

o

Ha! Yes, I enjoyed it, thanks!

o

Great photo.
I notice that the horse in the background to the far right has one foot over the yellow line. There's always someone that has to spill over into the next space isn't there?

Ron

o

Ha. Yeah, you know how some are, probably didn't want to get his saddle dented.

o

I don't see any pooper scoupers hanging from the saddles. Did the riders carry these with them when the went inside, or does this Walmart have a 'turd patrol', you know, "Clean up on aisle B-12"?

o

These are the kinds of things in our world:

http://www.connectamarillo.com/images/user_photos/kvii/Breuer_2009_6_9_2.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Real Texas

o

That's refreshing, rcnaylor. I love Texas.

We lived in Pennsylvania for 6 years. One day I was doing errands and there were two women with baby strollers trying to get across the street.....(outside the crosswalk by the way) and no one would let them. A little while later some geese and goslings were trying to make their way across and traffic stopped immediately.

I'm not sure how that connects to your post, but I thought of it and that's the way my brain works. :)

o

"I'm not sure how that connects to your post"

Man, apparently someone up there needs to put up sign, that says "yield to poor little mommas with baby carriages" like our "yield to cattle drives" sign down here.

Aren't people strange sometimes? Ducks yes, mommas and babies no?

o

Someone parked sideways, and the parking looks almost as random as the parking lot at my local WalMart! I LOVE this pic!
JoanMN

o

I have horses and no way would one of mine stayed ground tied like that. Would have to have an anvil and chain to keep them still.

Love the photo.
Ramona

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here