Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canon Xti

Posted by june_nd (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 07 at 18:51

I compressed this picture so I could upload it. Does compressing do anything to the picture? this was taken in the sports mode.

June

Image link: Canon Xti (60 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canon Xti

I always resize them, cause they're huge. I would keep the original, though, uncompressed. If you use a photo-hosting site, you can post bigger pics. Your pic is nice, but I have a hard time seeing them that small, hard to see details.
JoanMN/FL

o

I went to photobucket and posted some pictures Here is one of them Give me your opinion. Auto in sports mode

June

Here is a link that might be useful: Bryce

o

I took these pictures this afternoon. Some are rather dark and others are lighter. I took them all in the landscape mode. It was bright out. Why such a difference. I will have to brighten some of them or is it just the way the lighting is. Pictures are good and sharp tho. I post these in web shots in albums about my town.
June

Here is a link that might be useful: Buildings

o
xRE: Canon Xti

The baseball one looks good to me. Good color, lots of details.
Church pic...beautiful! Could be a little brighter. Can also be done with photo-editing software.
Presbyterian church...looks good. Fill-flash may have brightened it up a bit where it's in the shadows, but might not have reached that far.
Nazarene church looks great.
You are shooting stuff (like the pool) with dark lower halves, bright (sky) upper half. Very contrasty. The best thing for this is to shoot on a cloudy day, or use a graduated ND filter. It rotates, the darker half darkens the sky a bit, allowing more equal contrast. (I'm sure someone who has taken photo classes can critique and help you more.)
JoanMN/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here