Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Software for photo resizing

Posted by mlwgardener (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 07 at 16:43

I'm over here from the daylily forum looking for advice for software that will allow me to resize my photos on my computer before I upload them.

I use Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0. It's the free download edition from Adobe. I have thought about buying their verison 5.0 that costs from $69 - $99 according to where you shop. But, I only want it if it will do the resizing for me on my PC.

I'm hoping to be able to list daylily seed and plants on 'The Lily Auction' this year. They only allow photos less than 80k on their site. Also, to use a picture, it has to be uploaded from my pc or I could use a hosting site. I do use Photobucket and really like it for other things but it's just too much to upload and resize then download again. I don't have that kind of time.

I'm very new using digital cameras. I purchased a Canon Powershot A540 this Spring and it really does make wonderful photos and I really need to be able to use these photos.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all, Mona

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Software for photo resizing

Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0

Can't do much editing with 3.0. Looks like 5.0 is a much better program. You can crop with 3.0 but no resizing.

Eric

o

Eric did you see anywhere that it stated is has a resizing option? The biggest reason I want to use this one, I already have the freebie and I figure it would integrate well with 5.0. Plus it's not too expensive. I figure the better ones are for professionals, really, not for an amatures (ok, how do you spell this word?) like me.

Thanks for the input, Mona

o

"amateurs" You asked!

Eric

o

I use IrfanView, resize to 640x480, upload to photobucket.
JoanMN/FL

o

PIXresizer is a free resizing program. You can do one at a time or batches.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here