Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have a sony dslr

Posted by wanda_illinois (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 07 at 13:08

I am thinking about upgrading to a dslr camera.
I have been looking at a cannon, nikon and the sony.

I am leaning towards the sony dslr-a100
Does anyone have this camera and how do you like it?

I am leaning towards this one because of the price, the image stabilizer is built into the camera, not the lenses.
I also have lenses that are compatible with it.

I want an easy to use amateur dslr camera.
I have been reading review for weeks. :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have a sony dslr

I would suggest the following for entry level:
Nikon D70 or D40
Canon XT or XTi
Olympus E500 ( best bang for the buck, 2 lenses and camera can be bought for $650)
- E410, Liveview and really small, if you have small hands

I own a Canon XT and Olympus E500, E1. Played with the Sony, and I did not like it, at all. If you are buying from a large electronic store, they don't know what they are talking about, well most don't, some do. They just need to sell stuff. Sony is large, well known name, that should not be selling point.

Sony bought the KM digital branch and they are taking an aggressive approach in the market. My in a year or so I might be interested in their camera but their first two attempts were great considering its their first two they have made, just not for me. They plan to be in the top three sellers so it should be interesting to see the improvements and prices they offer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here