o
RE: pics. from my garden

I agree, lovely.

o

Love your myrtle.

I'd like to try some, but first, I need some information:
1. Can it tolerate a northern climate?

2. When does it blossom and for how long? I am looking for flowering plants that have a long flowering season.

o

The crepe myrtles here bloom basically all Summer long with a few short periods without blooming. They start in the Spring and end when the weather gets cooler. Until two nights ago when we had our first freeze, mine still had blooms on them.

They are deciduous but with temps as low as 3oF, they have never died back. Lengthy northern cold spells may be a bit more damaging to the plants though.

Kt

o

Thanks kentuck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here