Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue flowers

Posted by doris_mi5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 07 at 12:17

These were in a package of wildflower seeds I planted last year. I think they are so pretty and they bloom early in the morning by afternoon they all fall off but by morning they're blooming again. Does anyone know what they are?

Image link: Blue flowers (60 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue flowers

I don't know what they are, but they sure are pretty!

o

Lovely!....could it be flax?

A field of flax grown in Canada [link]

Konrad

Here is a link that might be useful: flax

o

Thanks Konrad. I couldn't get through on the link above but typed in flower and found it. It is a perennial and blooms a long time. It's a wild prarie flower.

o

That's a beautiful shade of blue- bet a bed of them would be pretty.

o

gmom74 I have five of them growing in my garden and yes they are very pretty. Seeing that they are perennials I am going to dig one up this fall for my daughter.

o

They are very beautiful. If you are going to let them go to seed I sure would like a few.

o
RE: Blue flowers!

Maybe I can find some plants at our farmers market. That would be faster and easier. Why didn't I think of that in the first place?

o

Beautiful shade of blue! It's hard to find that color in a garden. So many "blues" are more purple or lavender.

Julie

o

Yes indeed blue flax...bought a package of seeds and planted 3-4 yrs ago and they look just beautiful in masses...from the beginning of planting them to when original plant dies is about three-four yrs(just from my experience) but they reseed readily...they are all over my garden!

juanita

o

Those are a nice blue.

Here are some blues from my garden yesterday. Balloon flower and lobelia.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

rc. Very pretty. I love flowers of all kinds. I can buy perennials from a farm market for ninety nine cents each and every year I buy different plants. Some only last one year though. Especially delphiniums.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here