Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A little Texas Hill Country travelogue (9 pics)

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 10:02

Not really about photography as much as just some nice scenery, which I didn't capture too proficiently, as the scenes themselves... but here are some from the weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A little Texas Hill Country travelogue (9 pics)

Very pretty, but it makes you really not want to walk through the fields! Ouch! Lol.

o

Bravo! Beautiful photos, rcnaylor. My family used to live in Austin (some still do) and the Hill Country is so beautiful. Do you know the common name for the cactus...is it prickly pear? I think the botanical name is Opuntia something? We have one that we found in our lawn and my husband kept mowing over it. We finally transplanted it and it has bloomed last year and this year.

I especially love the one with the church steeple peeking over the trees and the creek? river? shot.
Pam

o

Wonderful!! great cactus shots...are those indian blankets? love the long view with the shadows

o

Those are great!....Thanks.

o

Thanks everyone.

And, summerwine, I'm not very good with the identification part, but, here is a pic I took of what might be indian blankets:

Photobucket

o

they are indian blankets (i did a search)...we inherited a small bunch when we bought our place, didn't see them last year -- didn't know i liked them...now i'm gonna havta check to see if they're still there! :o)

o

IN picture #4, they yellow ones look like coneflowers to me.
Beautiful shots of a pretty part of the world. We have a friend in Fredericksburg and I love the area.
JoanMN

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here