Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Emptying Memory Card

Posted by momtotwo__2 (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 08 at 23:33

I knew I could get help at this forum from so many of you who are knowledgeable about cameras.
I have a Sony DS650. I don't know how to empty my memory card. I have downloaded pictures into my computer, but they don't delete from my camera. Now, the memory card is full and I don't know what to do.
Your help is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Emptying Memory Card

Can you insert the card directly into your computer?

Kt

o

No, I don't think so. I didn't know you could do that with certain cameras. I hook up the UBS port and put the pictures on the computer that way.

o

Is there a 'format' function or maybe a 'delete all' in camera? I usually use the format after I make sure the pics downloaded to computer ok.

o

Hit menu button (the one that says OK on it)
Arrow right for "mode menu"
Arrow down twice for "card"
Arrow right twice, & hit "OK" for option "all erase"
Camera will confirm, choose "yes"
Found this answer on the following web site.
Hope it helps. Mine has an option when downloading your pics to computer that allows you to delete the pics from the memory card.?? But I have a different camera so maybe its not the same for all cameras?
Judy

Here is a link that might be useful: Fixya

o

I format my card in my camera each time I use it. I always put my pictures on the computer right after I use it - then put the card back in my camera and reformat.

I was told to do it to prevent errors and data corruption.

Don't format the card in your computer - format it in your camera.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here