Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fog can be a challenge....

Posted by juanital (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 20:47

Though love the dreamy look of fog in a real scene when you look at on screen I think it needs a slight pop! Im out of here for fog in mornings, especially as the sunrises become earlier time wise!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fog can be a challenge....

Love the second one!

o

I like the first one. The sharpness of the dark foreground tree acts as a counterpoint for the diffused effect of the fog in the background.

o

Thanks Bigack and Zenman! I found that fog can be diffused at times and it enjoyit immensley naturally, But when you see layers, strands, you'd like to 'pop out' a little contrasting, etc is needed.

I was shooting in the morning with d-lighting-an in-camera option for contrasting light & shadows. I've been using it lately but have noticed with setting high it gives a lot of grain. So for Topaz Adjust workflow-I use the Denoise 1st then the TA 5 for poppin' these fog pics...above basic editing but its a fun software...

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is TA B&W-umber dynamic after the above processing....

Photobucket

o

Re-do the second pic with fall colors. It coukd be a winner.

o

They are all lovely. I especially like the sepia and bw ones, I think they really suit fog shots.

o

THought about that Jem, will see if I have something that can. Thank you kindly everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here