Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
High water in our yard...3 pictures...

Posted by joanmn (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 08 at 18:29

we live right on a river (we're back home in MN). We are in no danger of flooding, but we sure have lots of water. And it has rained all day today.

Closer.

Canon Digital Rebel 400D.
JoanMN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: High water in our yard...3 pictures...

Joan, you're supposed to be living on a river... not IN a river!

Wow, so glad to hear there isn't a threat to your home.

We have just the opposite problem down here. Here are some pics I took a couple of weeks ago at our main lake in this region Lake Meredith when it was at an all time low (dropped another foot since):

Wife walking on lake bottom and where she should be under about 20 feet of water
Vickie and Jo,Harbor Bay

my car parked at a boat dock slip
Photobucket

What you can use the boat ramps at Cedar Canyon for now

o

Lovely reflection shots, Joan!
I love the birdhouse!

rcnaylor
Interesting shots...especially the color of the lake bottom.
It's always awful when a watercourse goes this low, hopefully it will turn around.
Konrad

o

That is unbelievable. I remember when we saw Lake Mead, we were shocked at how low it was/is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here