Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Truckin

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Mon, May 10, 10 at 16:42

I took this one while I was out on my bike early one morning last weekend. I kinda liked the truck up on the intetstate overpass, sun coming up, the clouds...

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Truckin

This is great image, very cool capture.

o

I likes, too! Great timing, RC!

o

This is neat!..thanks for sharing!
Konrad

o

Fabulous color. Did you edit it in a photo editing program or did the picture just come out that way? Very striking photo, RC!

o

Thanks guys. awm03, the picture was edited some in a free editor called Picasa. It has a tool called shadows that tones down the brightness some. This usually makes the colors a little deeper. But, the clouds that morning were actually a deeper blue than what the picture shows. You know how hard it is to capture the true colors of a scene even with a little editing. Especially when you are shooting in to the sun.

I read the other day about a new camera that is going to help with that problem in camera. It will actually take two pics back to back, one set to the bright areas in the frame the other to the dark, then it will combine both into one picture. Sounds like a great improvement to me.

o

I read about that camera too and can't remember which brand.

Picasa! That's good to know. I just downloaded it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here