What do you think of Old Glory?

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 08 at 10:03

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you think of Old Glory?

Cool pic, I like it.
Just a personal thing but I would like to see the canton displayed in the upper left...flip it and have a see.

o

Interesting thought. And, I bet you're right. Know of any way to do that in Picasa? Being cheap, that's where I do most of my editing.

o
Flip

Not Picasa..Open it in Paint..click Image then Flip.Rotate..dot in Flip Horizontal...click OK...click File and Save As(give it a new name) don't use Save as it will replace the old image.

o

Thanks for the tip.

o

Looks great, way to start off Memorial Day Weekend.

Today the casualty remains of a soldier flew to the base to be buried. I am guessing he is from the Tucson area. We went out to the flight line to salute the soldier, show our respects to him. We weren't expecting the family to be there. I was not prepared for the sorrow and anguish expressed. We were about 100 yards away fromwhere the family meet the casket, you could see and hear the emotions. It was hard keeping my bearing during the salute when the flag and hurst passed by, I just can't get that moment out of my head.

I haven't had to worry about deployment the last three years since I have been teaching the new recruits. Brought a little perspective back to me, now that I will be headed back sometime in the future.

The President sent out a message asking for the American people to have a moment of silence Monday at 3pm. I hope everyone can block sometime out of their day to participate.

Zjoe

o

I like it, I like it.
JoanMN

o

Thanks Joan.

And, Zitro, thank you for a very concrete reminder, especially for this weekend.

Debts we'll never be able to fully repay. Our armed services are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Best of luck if deploy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here