Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eBay sellers: How do you handle pictures?

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Sat, May 3, 08 at 8:40

I started teaching the eBay classes on Thursday. (Monablair, your help was invaluable--thank you!!) It went well, but I'm a little concerned about next week, when we start talking about selling. (We covered buying this week.)

One reason for my concern is that many of the students (mostly senior citizens) have had zero experience with digital cameras. Some don't even own one. (They should have taken the beginning digital photography class I taught in April.) So I'm going to have to go into a lot of detail about this aspect of eBay selling.

How do you handle your pictures? I use a Photobucket account for eBay, but first I use Photoshop to edit the images, saving them to a CD before they arrive at Photobucket. I'm sure there are simpler ways of doing this, and I'd appreciate your tips.

Also, how do you put up multiple photos in a listing? I use the Self-Hosting option since my images are in Photobucket, and if I want to add more pics to a listing I list them in HTML. But again, I want to give the simplest option to my students. Not only that, but eBay has some attractive photo arrangements that I don't know how to achieve with HTML. Waddya do??

Thanks!!

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eBay sellers: How do you handle pictures?

Sorry - I meant to post this in the Kitchen Table forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here