o
Assignment A and B

Posted by gmom74 (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 07 at 8:35

B first- called Before
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We prefer the before with the empty lot and greenery. The new house doesn't fit the neighborhood- took more than a year to build. Hardly anyone looks at it- price, more than $800,000.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Assignment A and B

I agree, the top picture is very easy on the eyes.

Are those Rhododendrons in the bottom pic?
(They're so pretty!)

Julie

o

Nice photos! Yes, I prefer the first(before) photo as opposed to the after, but only because of the house. You must have a beautiful yard.

I don't have to worry about close neighbours, that's one advantage of living out in the sticks.

Kt

o

Julie, yes, it is a Rhododendron- either Vulcan or Nova Zembla. I don't remember which. Kt, we were in the sticks when we moved here. Well, almost. There were horses and cows around us- we thought we would be safe. Thirty years later, things have changed.

o

Sorry to see the HUGE HOUSE gmom74. Probably only two people live in it. I haven't figured out why people show their wealth that way. Should I come help plant a screening hedge?

Eric

o

I know what you mean!
I wouldn't like it!
I remember when you posted a picture when they just started building it.
These monster houses usually are pushing up value in surrounding properties.
Konrad

o

Eric, I wish we had room for a nice screening hedge but the south side of the house is too near the property line. I just hope whoever buys the house doesn't put those tall growing evergreens along the fence. There is not much room between the line and the edge of their driveway.
Konrad, we don't like it either. There were some people over there the other day with a truck and a lot of conversation- on the garage side. It made me realize how it will sound with a family living there. Our property assessment actually went down this year! It had been inflated for the past two years and finally something got done about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here