Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
photoshop elements

Posted by gre2eneyes (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 08 at 6:33

Does anyone know much about using and editing with photoshop. I use Photoshop elements 6.0 and before that I had 4.0. I am just now starting to try to learn the features of it so I can edit my own pictures and do some creative things with them. What I am having trouble with is understanding layers, and how to work with them. I would like to take two pictures and crop out part of one to place into the other. I bought one book, but it does not seem to explain it to someone completely new to the process. Is there another that is better, really explains it step by step....like baby steps maybe???
Thanks for the help. I do appreciate any and all advice.
Judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: photoshop elements

Does this help?

Here is a link that might be useful: Layers

o

Saw your message and wonder if you had any difficulty installing Elements 6. I have never used it but my cousin had #4 and I liked it. I have read that someone had a lot of trouble installing Ver 6, but think it was MAC version. I have Windows XP .. I hope I can learn to "Layer" too...but most of what I want is "cloning" for pix that are old and need repair. Any help you can give me about installation would be appreciated.

o

What I do is go to www.youtube.com and type in the search space "photoshop". There are a lot of videos/tutorials to help but make sure you take notes so you can refer to them later.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here