SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ms_minnamouse

anybody have a panasonic dmc-tz5?

ms_minnamouse
14 years ago

What's your opinion of this camera?

I got this for my birthday, I was super excited because I got to pick out the camera I was getting and I looked up feedback for it and it was pretty good but I'm having problems with it.

I read the instructions but still have problems. Things get over exposed by the flash, even if I'm a distance away from the subject. If I zoom in to a small subject, like a flower, it gets blurry. Zooming in only seems to not get blurry if I'm zooming in to big that's far away.

The colors are off, even though I have it set to automatic or day time or whatever I'm experiencing. I have problems with things being in focus when I use the mode for close up, small objects, the one with the flower icon. I can only get a clear, detailed picture if my hand is 100% still (even though I have the shake/movement feature on) and if I'm standing at a very specific distance, which takes a while to find out.

If I'm taking a picture of a tree, the tree blends into the landscape and it's really hard to differentiate the difference between the tree and the landscape.

When I use the rapid shot mode, I can't ever get pictures in focus. No, I didn't forget to turn off the close up mode.

And when I use the video mode, the sound is very off, sometimes there's clicking noises if I move, and the shot goes out of focuses and zooms back in once in a while even though I haven't changed my position.

Does it sound like my camera is bad or is it me?

I can upload some pictures and videos of what I mean if it'll help. I hope I described it clear enough.

Comments (4)

Sponsored